Senior IT Systems Administrator
This is a full-time and permanent position reporting to Professional Services and Account Management. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
You know that companies need help to achieve the business outcomes they seek, and you have the skills and technical leadership to deliver it.
You’ve got the skills, to help modernize internal IT systems and the tools and know-how to help companies make the moves to be more nimble, more capable, and more productive.
Do you want to be part of a strong technical team that delivers Enterprise based solutions for North America’s leading retailers?
If so, then Invatron is the perfect place for you to apply your skills to help our customers drive business value from our solutions.
In the role of Sr. Information Technology Systems Administrator, the candidate will play a key role in helping keep IT business functions running, and assist with securing out enterprise and help with end-user devices and support.
The candidate should have strong multiple disciplinary backgrounds in IT systems including Windows, VMWare, Networking, and Security. The successful candidates will be expected to work with internal and external stakeholders and help develop internal best practices for the organization.
The Sr. Information Technology Systems Administrator will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the organization. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading companywide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. This person is expected to learn emerging technologies and resolve any issues involved in integrating new technologies with existing systems. The Sr. IT Systems Administrator is a key technical resource in supporting the internal systems used by Invatron. This position also works closely with Senior Management in evaluating current systems and aligning business objectives with the strategy for technology.
What You Will Do
● Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, and software applications.
● Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance.
● Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
● Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols to end-users.
● Ability to mentor more junior administrators
● Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
● Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, purchasing, and service provision.
● Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware, and equipment.
● Manage telecommunications infrastructure.
● Investigate, analyze, and resolve complex hardware problems on company computer systems; perform advanced hardware repairs, maintenance, technical assistance, and support on a range of PC computers and peripherals.
● Provide troubleshooting support for escalated software and hardware problems.
● Coordinate vendor assistance when required.
● Install and maintain desktop computer hardware, including computers, monitors, printers,
● Respond to after-hours system problem calls.
● Provide technical assistance, support, and troubleshooting in the resolution of system communications failures.
● Work with Security to keep systems in compliance with company security policies and procedures.
● Possess a strong background in Windows OS and Windows Server OS.
● Advanced knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
● Can diagnose and rectify a wide range of complex computer hardware and software problems.
● Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
● Provide advanced technical assistance and comprehensive problem resolution to end-users.
● Install and configure computer systems, hardware, and peripherals.
● Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
● Work productively in teams and be a self-starter that needs little oversight and management.
● Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related technology degree or related experience.
● 5+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
● 3+ years experience in managing VMWare environments.
● Experience moving VMs to the Cloud (Lift and Shift)
● 3+ years experience with SAN and NAS systems
● Experience with firewalls and creating firewall rules.
● 3+ years experience with Active Directory.
● 3+ years experience managing backups
● 3+ years of experience managing end-user laptops, backup, endpoint protection, etc.
● Experience in running imaging software to image backups
● Competitive compensation, flex hours, and a comprehensive benefits package.
● We take great pride in our first-class team and culture. Open-door approach at all levels.
● Entrepreneurial and rapid growth company with essentially zero employee turnover.
● The premium and most progressive product on the market. Focus on continuous innovation.
● Work hard/play hard mentality; we thrive on change and continuously strive for excellence.
● Real-time coaching and feedback, growth opportunities, and a supportive and collaborative.