Junior Database Administrator
This is a full-time and permanent position reporting to Engineering.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
A force for change and a leader. You know that companies need help to achieve the business outcomes they seek, and you have the skills and leadership to deliver it. You love delivering great solutions to customers and are passionate about setting a strong example to your team. You also enjoy mentoring and building out technical and professional skills within your team. You also have strong people skills and enjoy interfacing with clients to deliver valuable insight and help them understand how our solutions can meet the needs of their business challenges, as well as drive the value of our software solutions.
You’ve got the skills, tools, and know-how to help companies make the moves to be more nimble, more capable, and more productive. You also know that customers need a strong software partner to help them drive key business value and decisions using our suite of software.
Do you want to be part of a strong technical team that delivers Enterprise based solutions for North America’s leading retailers?
If so, then Invatron is the perfect place for you to apply your skills to help our customers drive business value from our solutions.
Junior Database Administrator (Jr. DBA) position is a unique opportunity for an individual with prior experience seeking new challenges and broad database administration responsibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintenance, and operational support of our entire portfolio of databases which includes Development/QA/Customer Support/Customer Production databases. Maintain reliability, stability, and data integrity of the databases. Provide support in the administration, backup, integrity, and security of various SQL databases and some of the Oracle and DB2 environments. Responsible for database tasks ranging from creating database release scripts to troubleshooting. Continually assess, improve, and optimize our current database environment.
What You'll Be Doing
Will work with Database Administrator and IT teams to ensure that Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) / Oracle/DB2 database maintenance tasks are performed including but not limited to the following:
● Work with developers in each sprint to develop database scripts to support product functionality and build. beta and release database script for the team on every release cycle.
● Test full and upgrade script before each release for all products on all supported database engines.
● Work with QA to support and maintain test environment.
● Maintain database documentation as required such as Data Dictionary on each product release.
● Perform database Ad-hoc queries, backups, and restores as requested by DEV/QA/Support team.
● SQL Server Installation, Upgrades, Migrations, and Configuration.
Install database software service packs and cumulative updates as necessary.
● Troubleshoot and resolve database connectivity issues.
● Monitor and maintain database storage resources.
● Work with Customer Support team to provide database-related support.
● Optimize SQL Code as necessary.
● Monitor performance of database systems resources and query throughput.
● Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild/defragment, and database statistics and administer database security access.
● Proactively monitor and respond to database Alerts.
● 2 years experience as a database administrator in SQL Server environment.
● 2 years experience in Transact SQL, DTS, SSIS package development.
● 1 year of SQL Server database development/programming.
● Experience administering SQL Server 2008 and up databases.
● Experience with Monitoring & Diagnostic tools.
● Experience working with Windows Server.
● Bachelor's Degree (BSc/BA) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Competitive compensation, flex hours, and a comprehensive benefits package.
● We take great pride in our first-class team and culture. Open-door approach at all levels.
● Entrepreneurial and rapid growth company with essentially zero employee turnover.
● The premium and most progressive product on the market. Focus on continuous innovation.
● Work hard/play hard mentality; we thrive on change and continuously strive for excellence.
● Real-time coaching and feedback, growth opportunities, and a supportive and collaborative.