Sr/Intermediate DevOps Developer
This is a full-time and permanent position reporting to Professional Services and Account Management. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
A force for change and a leader. You know that companies need help to achieve the business outcomes they seek, and you have the skills and leadership to deliver it. You love delivering great solutions to customers and are passionate about setting a strong example for your team. You also enjoy mentoring and building out technical and professional skills within your team. You also have strong people skills and enjoy interfacing with clients to deliver valuable insight and help them understand how our solutions can meet the needs of their business challenges, as well as drive the value of our software solutions.
You’ve got the skills, tools, and know-how to help companies make the moves to be more nimble, more capable, and more productive. You also know that customers need a strong software partner to help them drive key business value and decisions using our suite of software.
Do you want to be part of a strong technical team that delivers Enterprise SaaS solutions for North America’s leading retailers?
Do you want to help build a best-of-breed SaaS platform?
Do you like the idea of a green field where you can help choose the approach, and tooling, and methodology?
The newly created role of DevOps Developer will play a key role in our global Cloud solution support for Invatron’s products and customers. This dynamic position will leverage deep Cloud applications, and development expertise to help Invatron’s transformation into a cloud-first organization.
The candidate should have a strong background in-service engineering and understanding Cloud design patterns, CI/CD, monitoring, and other tooling and best practices to help engineer a best-of-breed platform.
The successful candidates will be expected to collaborate with R&D, Products, Customer Success, and Professional Services, to fully support highly available, secure, and optimally performing solution offering for our customers.
What You Will be Doing
● Working cross-functionally with Product Engineering to create a cloud environment suitable for Invatron’s software products.
● Work with Product Engineering to assist with modernization efforts of our applications to make them more suited to cloud deployments where scalability and reliability are key.
● Responsible for building continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous improvement by creating a CI/CD pipeline that leverages infrastructure as code to build repeatable environments for customers.
● Work closely with other departments to move Jira Issues to resolution and better understand the challenges of the product
● Design, Implement and Manage the necessary tooling to drive automation across the platform.
● Implement best-of-breed monitoring of our SaaS-based solutions with tight integration to our applications, infrastructure, release mythology, etc.
● Design and implement a high availability service architecture in support of Invatron’s cloud customers.
● Solid understanding of cloud-native design including Kubernetes, serverless, and other Cloud-native technology.
● Understanding of operational concepts like network security, routing, and load balancing.
● Solid understanding of modern authentication protocols such as JWT
● Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies
● Experience with Windows, Linux
● Leverage data and an analytics mindset to drive continuous improvement to our cloud operations and deliver insights to our customers and partners.
● Experience in managing production systems on a large scale.
● Good social interaction with the immediate team as well as other teams
● Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums.
● Collaboration and project management tools such as Jira & Confluence
● Providing on-call support to infrastructure and cloud tooling to support level 1 and level 2 customer support.
● Understand how to engineer customer-facing services
● Understand public cloud infrastructure design
● A solid understanding of modern DevOps and deployment automation practices.
● Built advanced CI/CD pipelines and understand the concept of blue/green deployment
● Deep understanding of automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous.
● Understand common Cloud database technologies, both SQL and NonSQL
● Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, with exceptional verbal and written communication.
● 5+ years of Cloud Engineering expertise across various platforms.
● 3+ years experience with Azure.
● 5+ years of implementing and maintaining cloud monitoring systems and monitoring cloud services for errors and issues.
● Experience with DataDog is a strong asset.
● 5+ years of hands-on cloud development experience and cloud design patterns such as 12 Factor.
● Experience in hybrid Linux and Windows environments
● Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD pipeline tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
● Understand secret management with tools such as Hasicorp Vault, Azure Keystore, etc.
● 3+ years of experience with Terraform, Docker, cloud databases, Redis, and other common tooling.
● Education Level: B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/M.Sc in Computer Science/IT preferred (or any engineering field considered)
● Deep technical experience in scripting and software development including experience with Python, Rest APIs, Go, C++, etc.
● Experience with modern development best practices such as JWT, Resful APIs, etc.
● Experience with AGILE development, SCRUM, and Kanban.
● Competitive compensation, flex hours, and a comprehensive benefits package.
● We take great pride in our first-class team and culture. Open-door approach at all levels.
● Entrepreneurial and rapid growth company with essentially zero employee turnover.
● The premium and most progressive product on the market. Focus on continuous innovation.
● Work hard/play hard mentality; we thrive on change and continuously strive for excellence.
● Real-time coaching and feedback, growth opportunities, and a supportive and collaborative.